http://half-news.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Saturday, April 02, 2005

PSP


Ok, so I was the first one to play the PSP. Brandon was the first to get one. So I'll be the first to review one. With all the hype and excitement over the new release from Sony called the PSP (Playstation Portable), I was sure I really wanted one. Until I played one. This little machine is basically an entertainment center at your fingertips, literally. The first one million sold come with Spiderman 2 on UMD, which is that little disc in the picture. I checked that out and, it's impressively the whole movie on that little disc. Not to be without games, I quickly went out and bought Spiderman 2 and Twisted Metal: Head On. Both of these I would say are excellent games. The graphics in Twisted Metal are not quite as good as Spiderman 2 graphics because I felt at times in the game like I was watching the movie they were so good. This is indeed a revolution for handheld gaming. Twisted Metal is so far though probably my favorite of the two because it will make a good wifi game and is exactly as I thought it would be. One thing that I would criticize about this handheld though is that even though the controls may be exactly like a Playstation 2 controller, they are a little bit small and close to the edge and can strain your hands after a while. Despite all this, I can't put mine down. PSP is definitely worth every penny.

1 Comments:

Blogger scrotus said...

i really hope that neither of those cons you speak of are true in american PSP's. i, fortunately have no dead or dying pixels, although i do have some dust under the screen id like to get rid of. as for the square button issue, i play twisted metal frequently, where the square button is accelerate and have nto had any issue with that button being the root of any problems. although my psp did freeze while loading once, it was not a result of me pushing any buttons.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home