http://half-news.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith


The third installment in the first of the three Star Wars movies and the completing link in the double trilogy set of six was worth the wait. However, I would not rank this movie too highly. It was still a well directed movie, because Lucas is obviously a brilliant director, but I thought it lacked in a few areas. First, the movie opened with lots of amazing and well done action-packed scenes that left me thinking, "See this again, I must." However, after about 45 minutes or so of the movie, I felt that the movie began more to fulfil the plot of the six rather than develop as a movie itself. I understand the importance of explaining the plot of the whole series in order for everything to make sense, but I thought the movie need a little more developing. Also, I didn' think that the movie lived up to all the hype it got from the media. I was really excited to go see it, but afterwards I just wasn't satisfied. And lastly, I thought that Lucas failed to draw the line between futuristic fiction and futuristic things that could never happen and were stupid to put in the movie. Some of the comedic unneccssary things could have been cut out to make the plot more developed. In the end though, it was a decent movie and I'd probably give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home